The quickest way to get married in South Africa is to find a Marriage Officer, make an appointment and let them take care of the rest. A Marriage Officer can come to your home or venue or you may go to the Marriage Officer. The cheapest way to get married is at Home Affairs. They will do it for free.
How quickly can you get married in South Africa?
You must register your customary marriage within three months of the date of celebration or entering into the marriage to make it legal. This can be done at any office of the Department of Home Affairs or through a designated traditional leader in areas where there are no Home Affairs offices.
How do I get married at Home Affairs in South Africa?
- Completing Form BI-130 in black ink and submitting it to the nearest office of the Department of Home Affairs or to the nearest South African embassy, mission or consulate abroad.
- Paying the prescribed fee.
What is the easiest and cheapest way to get married?
Booking an appointment at your local courthouse is one of the cheapest ways to get married. A judge will officiate the ceremony so that you can exchange vows quickly and painlessly in front of few witnesses.
Where is the quickest place to get married?
Easiest countries to Get Married in Around the World
- Las Vegas. This is the easiest place in the world in which to get married, and is well known as the “Wedding Capital of the World”. …
- Gibraltar. …
- Caribbean. …
- Denmark. …
- New York. …
Are Home Affairs open during this lockdown?
Home Affairs offices will continue opening Monday to Friday, from 08:00 to 15:30. … In order to defeat this pandemic and go back to normality, we still appeal to everyone visiting Home Affairs offices to observe COVID-19 protocols such as wearing masks properly, observing social distancing and sanitising hands regularly.
What documents do I need to get married in South Africa?
Apply for a marriage certificate in South Africa
- Identification documents, such as a South African ID card.
- Both passports, if one partner is not South African.
- A complete BI-31 form, which declares that you may legally marry.
- Minors under the age of 18 must present written consent from both parents, and/or Form DHA-32.
How much does it cost to get married in South Africa?
The cost of a wedding. Costs vary greatly depending on the size and location of the wedding. According to professional wedding planners, Great Occasions, the average cost of wedding in South Africa is between R70,000 – R80,000 for 80 to 100 people.
Do you make an appointment to get married at home affairs?
In all cases, whether being married by a Home Affairs official or a Minister of Religion, the couple will need to make an appointment for the ceremony. In the case of Home Affairs, they should contact the nearest regional office of the Department of Home Affairs to arrange such an appointment.
Can a woman marry two husbands in South Africa?
The home affairs department gazetted a new green paper for the Marriage Act earlier this month. One of the proposals in the gazette is the recognition of polyandry. This would allow a woman to marry more than one man at the same time. Only polygyny is recognised in SA, which means men can have more than one wife.
How can I get a free wedding?
How Can I Plan a Free Wedding?
- Have a small, intimate wedding.
- Find free wedding and reception venues.
- Have free food.
- Find a free wedding dress.
- Find a free photographer.
- Get a free DJ.
- Have a free bouquet.
- Design your own wedding invitations.
What is the average cost of a small wedding?
The average cost of a small wedding is $8,550. This is based on a guest list of 50 people* and cutting costs usually associated with a larger wedding. Prices will vary depending on where the wedding is held and which elements are included, which can be determined in the cost breakdown below.
What is the most expensive part of a wedding?
Most expensive wedding features
- Reception venue. The reception venue isn’t typically a single, large cost but a series of above-average expenses that add up quickly, especially if the bridal party opts for a package deal from their venue. …
- Engagement ring. …
- Reception band. …
- Photographer. …
- Florist and decor.
How quickly can I get married?
Under normal circumstances a couple must give Notice of Marriage and then wait 28 and sometimes 70 days before they can get married or form a civil partnership.
How can I get married fast and easy?
How to Get Married in a Hurry
- Come up with a budget. …
- Plan the ceremony and reception. …
- Find an officiant. …
- Send out invitations and create a wedding website. …
- Form a bridal party. …
- Figure out what you’ll wear. …
- Book a photographer, musicians, florist, and baker. …
- Order the rings.
How can I get married really cheap?
- Minimize the size of your guest list. …
- Go to a thrift store for your dress or suit. …
- Pick a wedding venue close to home. …
- Remember, the lowest-cost venues are free. …
- Get married at town hall, followed by dinner at a restaurant. …
- Explore wedding venues within your budget. …
- Choose a vacation rental in your area.