What are the four regions of Africa?
Geographic regions in Africa
- Four regions: North Africa, West Africa, East Africa, Southern Africa.
- Five regions: North Africa, West Africa, Central Africa, East Africa, Southern Africa.
- Six regions: North Africa, West Africa, Central Africa, North East Africa, East Africa, Southern Africa.
How many zones are in Africa?
The continent of Africa is commonly divided into five regions or subregions, four of which are in Sub-Saharan Africa.
|Subregion||Country / Territory|
What are the four regions of West Africa?
From north to south — from the Sahara to the humid southern coast — West Africa can be subdivided into five broad east-west belts that characterize the climate and the vegetation. These are the bioclimatic zones known as the Saharan, Sahelian, Sudanian, Guinean, and Guineo-Congolian Regions, shown in the map above.
What are the five geographical regions of Africa?
The United Nations’ Geoscheme divides the continent into 5 distinct subregions, Northern Africa, West Africa, Middle Africa, East Africa, and Southern Africa. Northern Africa is the largest of the subregions by land area, while Southern Africa is the smallest.
Which is the wealthiest region of Africa?
TOP 10 RICHEST AFRICAN COUNTRIES IN 2020 RANKED BY GDP & PRIMARY EXPORTS
- 1 | NIGERIA – THE RICHEST COUNTRY IN AFRICA (GDP: $446.543 Billion) …
- 2 | SOUTH AFRICA (GDP: $358.839 Billion) …
- 3 | EGYPT (GDP: $302.256 Billion) …
- 4 | ALGERIA (GDP: $172.781 Billion) …
- 5 | MOROCCO (GDP: $119,04 Billion) …
- 6 | KENYA (GDP: $99,246 Billion)
How Africa is divided?
The African continent is commonly divided into five subregions: North or Northern Africa, West Africa, Central or Middle Africa, East Africa, and Southern Africa.
What are 5 countries in Africa?
Countries in Africa:
|4||DR Congo||Middle Africa|
What is the main part of Africa?
Africa has eight major physical regions: the Sahara, the Sahel, the Ethiopian Highlands, the savanna, the Swahili Coast, the rain forest, the African Great Lakes, and Southern Africa.
Which country is the most populous in Africa?
African Countries by population (2021)
|#||Country (or dependency)||Population (2020)|
What part of Africa was first introduced to Islam?
North Africa was first introduced to Islam because it was closest to the Middle East.
What is West Africa famous for?
West Africa is famous for its cultural diversity and rich history. Unique mud architecture and landscapes dominate Niger and Mali’s major sights. Slave forts on Goree Island and along Ghana’s coast attract many visitors.
Is West Africa dangerous?
As far as disease goes, West Africa is the most dangerous place on the planet. It is probably the one place on earth where you should go to extremes to protect yourself from mosquitoes. Do not sleep without a net and do not go without malaria medicine.
Is Somali Arab or African?
Somali, people of Africa occupying all of Somalia, a strip of Djibouti, the southern Ethiopian region of Ogaden, and part of northwestern Kenya. Except for the arid coastal area in the north, the Somalis occupy true nomad regions of plains, coarse grass, and streams.
What are the 10 largest nations in Africa?
Here is a list of the top ten largest countries in square miles:
- Sudan (728,022 square miles)
- Libya (679,192 square miles)
- Chad (495,624 square miles)
- Niger (489,062 square miles)
- Angola (481,226 square miles)
- Mali (478,714 square miles)
- South Africa (47,320 square miles)
- Ethiopia (426, 260 square miles)
What is the largest desert in Africa?
The Sahara Desert is the world’s largest hot desert and the third largest desert behind Antarctica and the Arctic. Located in North Africa, it covers large sections of the continent – covering 9,200,000 square kilometers which is comparable to the are of China or the US!