Explanation: The Great Rift Valley is part of the Gregory Rift, the eastern branch of the East African Rift.
In which region of the African continent is the Great Rift Valley?
The Rift Valley, also known as the Great Rift Valley or Eastern Rift Valley, is a geological feature due to the movement of tectonic plates and mantle plumes that runs south from Jordan in southwest Asia, through East Africa and down to Mozambique in southern Africa.
In which continent is the Great Rift Valley located Brainly?
Answer. The East African Rift is part of the “Great Rift Valley” system discussed below.
Which continent is the Great Rift Valley located in one sentence?
This area is part of the Great Rift Valley, where Africa is slowly pushed and pulled apart by uprising material in earth’s mantle.
What are the regions of Africa?
Africa has eight major physical regions: the Sahara, the Sahel, the Ethiopian Highlands, the savanna, the Swahili Coast, the rain forest, the African Great Lakes, and Southern Africa.
Which is the smallest relief region?
- Kilimanjaro (19,340 feet [5,895 metres]) is the highest point on the continent; the lowest is Lake Assal (515 feet [157 metres] below sea level) in Djibouti. …
- The highest extensive areas are to be found in Ethiopia, parts of which exceed 15,000 feet.
Which is the longest rift valley in the world?
|Earth||Great Rift Valley||6,000 km (3,700 mi)|
|Canadian Arctic Rift System||4,800 km (3,000 mi)|
|West Antarctic Rift System|
|Midcontinent Rift System||2,000 km (1,200 mi)|
Why is it called the Rift Valley?
A rift valley is a lowland region that forms where Earth’s tectonic plates move apart, or rift. Rift valleys are found both on land and at the bottom of the ocean, where they are created by the process of seafloor spreading. … Tectonic plates are huge, rocky slabs of Earth’s lithosphere—its crust and upper mantle.
In which two countries is the Great Rift Valley?
In Kenya, Uganda and the fringes of South Sudan, the Great Rift runs along two separate branches that are joined to each other only at their southern end, in Southern Tanzania along its border with Zambia. The two branches are called the Western Rift Valley and the Eastern Rift Valley.
How many countries are in the Rift Valley?
The Rift Valley, located in Eastern Africa, covers just over 2% of the continent and spreads over seven countries (Map 5 and Table 29). min. max. The Rift Valley consists of a group of independent interior basins, extending from Djibouti in the north to Tanzania in the south, nearly half being located in Ethiopia.
Is Somali Arab or African?
We report that ethnic Somalis are an East African population with unique HLA composition and that the Somali population hosts high frequencies of genetic variants with implications to T1D and pharmacogenetics.
Which is the wealthiest region of Africa?
TOP 10 RICHEST AFRICAN COUNTRIES IN 2020 RANKED BY GDP & PRIMARY EXPORTS
- 1 | NIGERIA – THE RICHEST COUNTRY IN AFRICA (GDP: $446.543 Billion) …
- 2 | SOUTH AFRICA (GDP: $358.839 Billion) …
- 3 | EGYPT (GDP: $302.256 Billion) …
- 4 | ALGERIA (GDP: $172.781 Billion) …
- 5 | MOROCCO (GDP: $119,04 Billion) …
- 6 | KENYA (GDP: $99,246 Billion)
What are the 5 regions in Africa?
Geographic regions in Africa
- Four regions: North Africa, West Africa, East Africa, Southern Africa.
- Five regions: North Africa, West Africa, Central Africa, East Africa, Southern Africa.
- Six regions: North Africa, West Africa, Central Africa, North East Africa, East Africa, Southern Africa.