Go to an authorised provider of the WESTERN UNION Money Transfer service and complete the TO RECEIVE form*. Give the teller at the authorised provider of the WESTERN UNION Money Transfer service, the completed form along with the required documents (see documentation section).
Which banks have Western Union in South Africa?
Receiving in South Africa:
Western Union Money Transfers are only available at select ABSA Bank Branches. Contact 0860 151 151 for nearest branch.
How do I collect money from Western Union?
- Visit an Agent Location: Use our online Agent locator to find a location near you.
- Provide the following information to the Agent Clerk. Correct money transfer control number (MTCN). Sender’s name. Where money was sent from. Expected amount. Valid ID. Test question and answer (if applicable)
- Receive the Money.
How do I receive money from Western Union wired?
Log in to WU.com. Select ‘Track a Transfer’ (for transactions started on WU.com/app)4 and follow the instructions on the screen. Enter the tracking number (MTCN). Select ‘Receive money on a card.
How can I send money to someone without a bank account in South Africa?
How to Send Money to Someone Without a Bank Account
- Create an E-Wallet. This is by far the cheapest option. …
- Send via a Money Transfer Agent. …
- Use Pre-Paid Card Services. …
- Send Money in the Post. …
- Draw the Money and Deliver it in Person.
How can I receive money in South Africa?
How to Receive Money
- Find a location. Find a MoneyGram agent location near you.
- Complete the form, if applicable. If required, complete a simple receive form entering the reference number given to you by the sender.
- Receive your funds.
What documents do I need to receive money from Western Union?
The full name as per the sender’s ID or passport, street (or postal) address, city, country and contact numbers of the person sending the money. When receiving money in South Africa, the receiver must provide the following information from the sender: MTCN.
How can I receive money without an ID?
Yes. When you go to Western Union to pick up money you have to show ID and also give them the confirmation number that the sender was given when they sent the money. They do allow you to pick up money without an ID, using a test question and answer, but you still have to have the confirmation number.
How can I receive money from Western Union to my bank account in India?
Cash to Bank Account 1
- Select ‘Update delivery method’ menu on WU.com and enter your tracking number (MTCN).
- Fill in your information and bank account details2.
- Share the link with your sender to complete the transfer. Your sender must confirm the change in the delivery method.
Can I pick up Western Union without ID?
A: Yes. We need the MTCN (Money Transfer Control Number) and a valid government issued ID. Q: Can I pick up money without an ID? A: As long as the sender used a test question, and the clerk checked the “Pay without ID” box.
What’s the latest you can pick up money from Western Union?
In most cases, the money can be picked up within a few minutes after sending. If you do not pick up the transfer on the same day, it will remain in the system for the next 45 days. Money is not returned to Sender for 9 months after the date of sending, unless the Sender orders so.
How long can money stay in Western Union before pick up?
Money transfers are available for 90 days. If the receiver is unable to pick up the money transfer and it has been 90 days, contact Customer Care for the money transfer to be renewed and made available for payout.
How do I transfer money to a South African bank account?
How to Send Money to South Africa
- Gather the relevant banking information including the recipient’s bank account number, branch code, SWIFT code, and address.
- Sign up with OFX, or login to get a live quote.
- Enter your details and those of your recipient.
- Select ‘finalise transaction’ to process your payment.
How do you send cash to someone?
How to send money online, on mobile or in person
- Venmo: Best rated for mobile.
- Zelle: Fastest for domestic transfers (tie with Google Pay).
- Google Pay: Fastest for domestic transfers (tie with Zelle).
- PayPal: Most popular online.
- Walmart-2-Walmart: Best for nonbank transfers.
What is IM wallet?
INSTANT MONEY WALLET. The Instant Money Wallet is ideal if you don’t have a bank account but want an easy-to-use digital wallet to load and send money, as well as buy prepaid airtime, data or electricity.