Is Africa one of the biggest countries in the world?
The largest country in Africa is Algeria, which spans over 2,381,741 km² (919,352 mi²) and has over 43 million people. It is also the tenth-largest country in the world.
Largest Countries In Africa 2021.
|Area (mi²)||919,352 mi²|
|% of Earth’s Area||1.60%|
What are the 10 largest countries in the world?
Here is a list of the top ten largest countries by area in square miles:
- Russia (6,599,921 square miles)
- Canada (3,854,083 square miles)
- China (3,746,887 square miles)
- United States (3,617,827 square miles)
- Brazil (3,287,086 square miles)
- Australia (2,969,121 square miles)
- India (1,269,010 square miles)
What is Africa’s largest country?
Algeria is the biggest country in Africa. Exceeding 2.38 million square kilometers as of 2020, Algeria is the African country with the largest area. The Democratic Republic of the Congo and Sudan follow with a total area of around 2.34 million and 1.86 million square kilometers, respectively.
Which is the 7 largest country in the world?
The top ten largest countries, in square kilometers.
What is the poorest country in Africa?
The ten poorest countries in Africa, with their GDP per capita, are: Somalia ($500) Central African Republic ($681) Democratic Republic of the Congo ($785)
Poorest Countries In Africa 2021.
|GDP (IMF ’19)||$61.03 Bn|
|GDP (UN ’16)||–|
Which country is No 1 in world?
This is the first time Canada has claimed the top spot in the annual ranking. The country placed second in the 2020 report and was in third place in 2019. Canada ranked #1 out of 78 countries, beating out Japan, Germany, Switzerland and Australia, which rounded out the top five. The United States came in sixth.
What is the most peaceful country on earth?
According to the Global Peace Index 2020, Iceland was the most peaceful country in the world with an index value of 1.078.
What is the most dangerous country?
The most dangerous countries to visit in 2021 are Afghanistan, Central African Republic, Iraq, Libya and Mali according to the latest Travel Risk Map, an interactive tool produced by security specialists at International SOS.
Which country is richest country?
Richest Countries In The World 2021
- Luxembourg (GDP per capita: $119,719)
- Norway (GDP per capita: $86,362)
- Switzerland (GDP per capita: $83,832)
- Ireland (GDP per capita: $81,477)
- Iceland (GDP per capita: $78,181)
- Qatar (GDP per capita: $65,062)
- The United States of America (GDP per capita: $64,906)
What are the top 10 countries in Africa?
Top 10 Largest African Countries
- 10) Ethiopia (1,104,300 square kilometers) Ethiopia is located in the Horn of Africa. …
- 9) South Africa (1,219,090 square kilometers) …
- Mali (1,240,192 square kilometers) …
- 7) Angola (1,246,700 square kilometers) …
- 6) Niger (1,267,000 square kilometers) …
- 5) Chad (1,284,000 square kilometers)
Who is the giant of Africa 2020?
Nigeria, Africa’s most populous country, is appropriately nicknamed the “Giant of Africa.” But a big population can mean big problems, including human trafficking, being ranked the 8th worst country internationally, and 67 percent of the population living in poverty.
Is Nigeria bigger than South Africa?
Nigeria is approximately 923,768 sq km, while South Africa is approximately 1,219,090 sq km, making South Africa 32% larger than Nigeria. Meanwhile, the population of Nigeria is ~214.0 million people (157.6 million fewer people live in South Africa).
Which country is biggest in world?
Russia is the largest country by far, with a total area of about 17 million square kilometers. Despite its large area, Russia – nowadays the largest country in the world – has a relatively small total population.
Are there 197 countries?
At present, the U.N. recognizes a total of 197 countries. This includes 193 member countries, two U.N. observers (Holy See (Vatican) and Palestine), and Taiwan and Kosovo, each widely regarded as self-governed territories.
What countries have coronavirus?
Countries where COVID-19 has spread